Senior Property Accountant (18-14)
Cambridge Real Estate Services manages over 7,000 multi-family units in Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho, and consists of affordable housing, conventional communities and historic properties. Staffed by dedicated and responsive property management and maintenance professionals, we strive to exceed expectations.
We are seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join our team! This position will be responsible for accounting support for a portfolio of properties and audit responsibilities for peer portfolios.
- Analyze, determine and process monthly accruals
- Provide software support to Property Managers
- Process tenant refunds
- Conduct property audits
- Assist outside auditors with yearly financial audits
- Maintain electronic file maintenance
- Manage property re-billing process
- Oversee and reconcile credit card statements
- Ad hoc accounting projects and support, as needed
- Monitor cash balances and deposits for first of month payable obligations
- Coordinate electronic and hardcopy submittals generated by site personnel
- Audit and update invoice batches received from the properties
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of expenses including mortgages, taxes, and insurance
- Process monthly accounts receivable
- Vendor interaction as required to maintain good public relations with service providers
- Process miscellaneous invoices directly to system
- Input new vendors into system
- Assist in processing checks for mailing
- Assist with stale dated check processing
- Oversee property cash flow including required bank account transfers
- Coordinate with bank representatives on opening and closing of bank accounts
- Make daily and weekly bank deposits and corresponding deposit journals
- Reconcile security deposit liabilities, cash accounts, and accounts receivable
- Reconcile mortgage accounts
- Process replacement reserve withdrawal requests
CRES affirms and actively promotes the right of all individuals to equal opportunity in employment without regard to any protected basis, including race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression or any other status or any other status protected by law.
Please reply to this posting with resume and cover letter in Word or PDF formatted document. Please include salary requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-site property management accounting experience
- Yardi experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Excellent GAAP knowledge and general accounting skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to prioritize work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency including experience with excel file journal uploads and downloads, sorting excel files, & vlookup formulas
- Accounts payable experience with high volume check runs
Applicants offered positions will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes criminal history and drug screen.
Cambridge Real Estate Services offers competitive wages, incentive bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurances, paid time off, paid holidays and 401k with match, etc. Benefits vary by position and hours worked.